Safe Schools Coalition WA are holding a number of free workshop around the Perth metro area for school-based workers who are interested in learning more about how to create safe and inclusive school environments for same sex attracted, intersex and gender diverse students, staff and families.
Join them on one of the following dates and venues: (Please note that the workshops will be the same so you do not need to attend more than one date/venue)
•Week 4: Tuesday 1st November 2016 – Headspace Fremantle (60/62 Pakenham St, Fremantle WA 6160)
•Week 5: Thursday 10th November 2016 – Headspace Rockingham (Unit 3, 18 Goddard St, Rockingham WA 6168)
•Week 7: Wednesday 23rd November 2016 – Headspace Armadale (40 Fourth Rd, Armadale WA 6112)
Time (for all workshops): 4 – 4:15pm: nibbles, tea/coffee and networking, 4:15 – 6:30pm: workshop session
We will cover:
1. About Safe Schools Coalition and the support and resources available to schools
2. Exploring concepts, language and terminology
3. Education, legal and policy frameworks
4. Research on the experiences of same sex attracted and gender diverse young people in schools
5. Good practice tips and strategies and ideas for kickstarting your safe school
6. Resources and follow up support available
Food, tea and coffee provided.
This workshop is targeted at staff who work in/with schools from all sectors – teachers, school leadership staff, school nurses, school psychologists, school chaplains, youth workers and social workers.
Please contact Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the workshop.
Please note we have a sign in sheet so there is no need to print your ticket!
Please let them know if you have any dietary requirements prior to the event.